Saturday, October 27, 2012
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Posted by The Coupon Centsation
So many of my friends find it hard to believe that I plan on menu a month in advance! I promised with family and friends that I would start sharing more meal planning ideas and recipes.
One of our FAVORITE low-cost and easy meals is Chicken and Dumplings... Here's the least expensive way that we have found to make it... Its also the BEST tasting too!
What will you need to make it????
* 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
* 3 Cups of Chicken Broth (we normally use 3 empty cans full of broth)
* 3 Cups of Cooked Grilled Chicken
* 1/2 Teaspoon Celery Salt (optional)
* 1 Teaspoon of Salt and Pepper
* 5 (8 inch Flour Tortillas)
Here's how you make the recipe:
First, mix all ingredients EXCEPT TORTILLAS in a 5 quart dutch oven and bring to a boil. While the soup mixture is boiling, take a pizza cutter and cut the tortillas into 9 pieces and set aside. Once the soup mixture has come to a boil, you'll place the flour tortilla pieces individually into the soup mixture. Occasionally stir........
* Lower Heat, and allow to simmer 20-30 minutes.
* This will Serve 8 and is 6 Points Plus Per Serving (Weight Watchers)
For more of the latest deals and greatest steals stay tuned to The Coupon Centsation on Facebook.