Actually, we have software that will be applied to all of our stores tomorrow morning from our corporate office in Cincinnati, Ohio that will block our system from stacking coupons. This is what we just communicated to our stores on a conference call yesterday.
Here is how the system will work:
- Limit of one electronic or paper manufacturer coupon per item
- Digital coupon and manufacturer paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item
- If a customer has loaded an electronic coupon to their loyalty card, then the electronic coupon will apply BEFORE the manufacturer paper coupon
- A digital coupon cannot be removed from a transaction once it is redeemed
- If the electronic coupon and manufacturer paper coupons are applicable to the same item, the system will give the discount based on the Electronic Coupon
o If this happens the cashier will receive a message letting them know that a “electronic mfr coupon has already been applied” once the manufacturer paper coupon is scanned.
The good thing is this change will help us be more consistent from store to store. It is harder to manage when the software doesn’t support what we are telling the stores.